What Time Management?
Are you missing appointments, deadlines, parties etc? Have you been searching for the magical formula for mastering and managing time?
1. Lets be clear – You cannot manage Time
24 hours are afforded everyone, this does not change. You have control and can manage how you personally operate during your waking hours.
2. Find your best self management channel
Know what you need to do, then find methods of alerting how long you want/need to spend on that particular activity .i.e. calendar, diary, mental note, email flags etc.
3. Top Three Activities in the day
If you have upwards of 30 or more tasks to complete in the day, select the top three key activities and see them through to completion. Work your way through the next top three activities and so on and so on.
4. If you want to bake a cake, you don’t cook an omelette
Stay focussed on the activity you are working on, distractions are the number one culprit for incomplete tasks. Be assertive with the telephone, emails etc and get your task done.
5. Go home and be home.
Most important of all, 8 – 13 hours sleep will see you at your most productive the next day, simple as that. Sleep deprivation will cause a build up of anxiety and physical nervous tensions. These will lead inevitably to stress, both in and out of your activities. So when at home, really ‘be’ at home and feel free from your daily activities.
“Day and Night, switch off” – Know this, Live this, Sleep this.
- Posted in: Assertiveness ♦ Manage ♦ Mind & Body ♦ Planning ♦ Time
- Tagged: business development, calendar, change management, dawn, day, deadlines, diary, email, home, leadership, manage, management, night, parties, people, performance, performance management, planning, problems, sleep, stress, time management