Free Conflict Management Training Pack 2
Assessing risk, anticipating threatening circumstances
Free PREVIEW of Protect You the Street Smart Way Book
That Dismissive Feeling
68% of attackers are known to their victims.
Why then did these victims not take preventative measures if they knew their attackers?
Research has shown that the victims knew and understood the incongruent gestures of body language displayed by their attacker and sensed something was wrong but dismissed the feelings as;
2) Lack of self-confidence
3) Reading too much into the situation
5) Unsure of what to do
6) Did not want to appear rude
7) Thought it might aggravate the situation and create bad feelings for the future.
Everyone knows when they feel uncomfortable with a situation, for example:
1) Your legs feel wobbly
2) Your heart starts pumping faster
3) Your hands start shaking
4) You feel like going to the toilet
5) The hairs on the back of your neck stand up
6) You get goose pimples
7) You may even start to cry
8) You can’t speak
9) You are frozen to the spot.
Unfortunately not everyone takes notice of their bodies fight or flight mechanisms (adrenaline surges ). If we begin to understand our bodily reactions to adverse conditions, we will be able to avoid many potentially dangerous situations such as molestation, rape, manslaughter or murder.
What would you do if you were assessed as easy pickings by a criminal?
Click for access to more information
- Posted in: Free Conflict Management training Pack