Trimming the cedar to find Clifford the big red dog peeping at me
Filling post holes in my new fence
Watched the whole netflix series of ‘When they see us’. Controversial and powerful.
Had a lovely weekend at Heywood Chess Congress, playing some very tentative games.
Bought a set of wireless door bells at a discount store in Heywood…bargain yeesssss
Got some great Fathers day treats
Sun arose so cracked on with mowing the lawn
Took a nice leisurely walk to the cinema to see John Wick 3. Awesome, action packed, no nonsense, kick butt movie.
Took a journey to my chess club and played some interesting games getting 2 wins and a draw and collecting my club jumper…whoop
Enjoyed watching the 2019 Arm wrestling championship…technique and power :O
Bit of spare time, I recorded a few bullet chess matches for my Chessucation series
Soaking up some art with Damien Hirst
Taking in the soulful sounds of buskers ‘Loud Noises’
That’s all for this week, but what about next week….’The Garage’ :O
Ok so I attended a chess congress last weekend, the sections that were available were as follows;
- OPEN (usually over 1862 rated players)
- MAJOR U1862 incl INTER U1712
- MINOR U1562 inc CHALLENGER U1412
Greg trained long and hard into the night, working on perfecting the deep strategies and tactics required to make his side kick as strong as possible. Each training session he focussed so intently on making this kick more devastating than the last kick. He worked hard, he worked fast and too his credit his kick had improved, but still he wasn’t quite happy with it. His kick could move the largest of training bags both static and swinging, favouring the almighty impact he could get from powering through focus shields and sending people flying 5 feet. His kick was awesome, his kick was powerful, but yet he still wasn’t happy.
Wow just thought i would check out the theory that playing fast games of chess doesn’t help improve your long play chess skills. Here is my report on what i found out.
- 17 min ignored the threat of attack and followed own targets Watch the game
- 17 min keep calm, shallow attacks are just that…shallow Watch the game
- 20 min – The shock of my life – How the blazes did I come back from that…wow Watch the game
- 20 min Worming my way through yet again. Made a right meal of this game, c’mon pull yourself together Watch the game
- 20 min Take for take
- 20 min Once the finish line is visible, keep the pressure on Watch the game
- 20 min When a game goes all the way, know your endgame for sure Watch the game